Dutch bicycles. Love them. The design of the basic step-through model is classic, elegant, and timeless. Dutch bikes bring to mind one of my favorite Dutch words: Gezellig. There’s no direct translation for Gezellig, but basically it implies a relaxed, cozy, tranquil time with friends. (Think of a candlelight dinner with good friends). I think that’s a great image to have as pedaling for transportation continues to push back into the mainstream. Not all the bicycles pictured here are actually Dutch-but they all accomplish the same thing: upright and relaxed pedaling. It’s nice to slow down and savor your commute in NYC- it’s still faster than walking and guaranteed to make your journey more enjoyable.
- RT @DetroitGreenway: RT @nickhood3: i invite all of Detroit to Ride a Bike On Memorial Day. 9AM Start, Plymouth United Church of Christ- 6… 2 hours ago
- RT @twittyboyd: "Serenity Sunset" #elpaso #viewfromthebalcony #sunset #clouds #desert #southwest instagram.com/p/ZrXBKvyyFY/ 2 hours ago
- And the sun too. Depending on which hemisphere you're in. RT “@twittyboyd: Go outside and see the moon!!! And ride your bike! #bikeschool” 2 hours ago
- RT + infinity. “@lizbon: Yes! RT @twittyboyd: Thanks for making us dream of summer Prof. @icemanbb #bikeschool” 2 hours ago
- Q6 nope, usually reserved for destination home. NYC infra not complete yet. #bikeschool 2 hours ago